KC Harvey’s top value is always the health and safety of our staff, our clients, our vendors and our community. We have been closely following the social distancing recommendations of the CDC with regard to prevention of the spread of COVID-19. Prior to this week, our employees were using the recommended hand washing protocols, and we were disinfecting surfaces in the office several times per day.
In addition, here’s what we’re doing now (as of Monday 3/16):
- Gave all our staff the option to work from home for the next three weeks or until guidance from the CDC changes. Most, if not all, are taking that option. Luckily, in our line of work, working from home is possible, so we do not anticipate any major interruption to our business continuity.
- Instructed field workers to continue their work, as they generally work individually and do not interact with others in their job scope. We understand that our field workers face a very different suite of potential hazards, and we are taking every precaution to protect them.
- Formed a COVID-19 preparedness and response team to monitor the situation in real-time and adapt or implement response processes and procedures that will best protect our people and communities
- Providing our employees with regular updates and guidance
- Maintaining communication with clients to understand and satisfy any restrictions and adjusting our procedures accordingly to minimize impacts to ongoing work
- Canceled or postponed all non-essential travel until further notice
- Canceled planned participation at external conferences in the near future
- Avoiding any internal in-person meetings and gatherings
- Using virtual meetings and teleconferences as needed
- Reviewing our policies and processes to allow our employees to make the best decisions for themselves and their families
At this point, thankfully, all of our employees are healthy, and we intend to keep it that way.